HARD CIDER SAUCE FOR PANCAKES
Write a review
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup County Premium Cider
- 6 Macintosh or Ida Red apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp water
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, heat brown sugar until it starts to change colour. Add cider and simmer, stirring about 2 minutes. Add apples, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water. Add to apple mixture, stirring constantly 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve over warm pancakes or bread pudding. Makes 3 1/4 cups.